What are cookies?
Are cookies safe?
Yes. Cookies are just pieces of data. They are not executed, and thus cannot carry viruses. By default, all Web browsers and most Internet security programs allow cookies to be used.
How do I enable cookies?
The Help menu on the Web browser toolbar will tell you how to set your browser to accept new cookies. Additionally, you can modify the settings for similar data used by browser add-ons. For your convenience, the following are the instructions for enabling cookies on some browsers.Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0+ and 8.0+
- Select "Internet Options" from the Tools menu.
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- Manually slide the bar down to "Medium" under "Settings", or click the "Advanced" button and then make sure "Accept" is selected under "First-party Cookies".
- Click "OK".
- Go to the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Options".
- Select the "Privacy" icon in the top panel.
- In the box "Cookies", check "Accept cookies from sites".
- Click "OK".
- From the "Edit" menu, select "Preferences".
- From the Security dialog box, from "Accept Cookies", click to select "Always".
- Click "Close".
- Please review the information in the Google Chrome Help Center.
Can I block "third-party" cookies?
Yes. You can block third-party cookies without affecting the use of Smashion.
Third-party cookies are those cookies that don't originate from Smashion. They are often used by advertising companies to track which ads you have viewed, and most browsers allow you to block them. Cookies from Smashion are not considered third-party cookies.